Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I've been remiss

I'm over the diet hump I was on after my yearly visit with my doc. She said I'd only lost 2 pounds since I'd seen her last (6 months ago) and it really upset me. I've been hitting the gym strenously for 3 - 4 times a week for about an hour. I've been eating healthier (less sugar, late meals, etc) and it felt like it was all for naught.

So I pigged out for the last 2 weeks on cupcakes, pizza, pop, fries and sandwiches. But a complete miracle happened. A pair of jeans I'd bought around Christmas that were 2 sizes too small somehow are now fitting! I'd gotten them as an incentive/reward for when I get smaller.

So now think that I'm firming up and losing weight slowly so no more upset eating! Instead I'm going to think of it as a marathon. Slow going but crossing the finish line will be so satisfying!

No comments: