Thursday, August 18, 2011

August has had major ups and downs

Well am looking forward to the end of August after leaving my job with Cedars Sinai Medical Center.  Am feeling relieved that I'm no longer in my stagnate job and am forcing myself to make the change I've been talking about all year.  Sometimes a regular paycheck is almost like a ball and change since it's hard to walk away but you know that the job isn't right for the person you have grown to become. 

I had originally thought that I really wanted to work for a hospital but after four years with CSMC I realize it's not the industry for me.  I really enjoy working at Amgen a few years ago so I thought that a hospital was a logical progression after working in the pharmaceutical industry but I was wrong. 

So I am now looking for a FT job back at Amgen (if I get a job out their I'll move the commute is too hard from LA), with a few of the local Universities/Colleges in the area, Special Event Management and Sales.  Onward and upward in my pursuit of a career that will be a great fit for my background and personality.

No comments: